About Progressive Turf Equipment
For over 30 years, Progressive Turf Equipment has been supplying innovative rotary finishing mowers to natural grass producers, golf courses, and municipalities around the globe. Our investment in the latest 3D CAD software, integrated ERP system, and CNC manufacturing work cells drives our customer commitment to provide high quality products that deliver unmatched Productivity, Reliability, Durability, and Quality of Cut.
Below you will find information about the various careers at Progressive Turf Equipment. Click the + to expand each section as necessary.
What types of Careers are at Progressive Turf Equipment?
The positions at Progressive are broad and varied. We develop products from concept through to production and then manage our products through our distribution channels to final retail sale, ensuring superior aftermarket support and customer satisfaction. To do this we need people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
An innovative group of employees, with a combination of skill sets that take our products from initial concept through to production.
- Millwright, mechanic, tool and die
- Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic
- Mechanical, Mechatronics
Cross functional team of employees, with a combination of hands on training and formal education obtained through College/Apprenticeship programs that responsible for the Fabrication, Welding, Painting and Assembly of our products.
- CNC equipment operators, welders, painters, and assemblers
Warehousing / Distribution
Utilize employees with material handling, packaging and inventory management skills to operate our parts distribution system that supply the service parts to our dealers/customers.
Sales and Administration
A flexible team of employees, with college and university level degrees and related practical experience in Accounting, Information Technology, Business Administration, Marketing and Engineering, perform our key function to ensure our business thrives:
Distribution Channel Management
- Technical Product Sales, Web System Design, Service and Parts, Technical Publications, Marketing and Dealer Management including customer and dealer relations
- Purchasing, Production Control, Vendor Management, Inventory Control, and facilities management
- Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Strategic Planning, Business Development
What does it take to be a member of our team?
Progressive competes on the global stage against some very large multi-national companies. To be successful we need people we can count on to be innovative, honest and hardworking. Do you meet our requirements?
- Your team relies on you to perform your role every day to the best of your ability
- Our relationship with our community, suppliers, customers and co-workers depend on a mutual trust and respect of one another
Productive and the willingness to accept change
- We operate in the global marketplace, the survival of our company is dependent on being competitive with OEM’s from around the world and be ready to accept change in order to stay ahead of the competition
Communicate, verbal and written
- A critical skill for all areas of our organization, from reading and understanding internal work instructions to delivering web based information to our customers, communication skills drive our organization
- Our employees need to be willing and able to learn new skills/tasks as our workplace evolves to remain competitive in the global market place
- We are constantly changing our products and processes as technology and customer requirements evolve
- The ability to be able to understand and work with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical tools, machines and equipment is important in our team based environment.
Current Employment Opportunities
Progressive Turf welcomes all applicants to submit a resume, even if we do not have current jobs posted. We retain this information for several weeks, allowing us to contact interested parties as opportunities become available.
How to Apply
In Person or Mail:
137 West William Street
PO Box 940
Current Available Positions
Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program / Cooperative Education Program
Progressive Turf Equipment is pleased to be a corporate participant in the Cooperative Education program operated by the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) and in conjunction with the Avon Maitland District School Board.
Our involvement stems from our belief that, as a corporate citizen, we have a responsibility to the youth of our community to expose them to some of the careers available within the manufacturing sector. This experience also helps to prepare them for employment following completion of their schooling.
Progressive has proudly hired several full-time employees that have recently participated in the Cooperative Education program. See what a few of them had to say about the experience:
“Going through the co-op program gave me a better understanding of what an employer’s expectations are. The hands-on experience and working in a team, gave me an advantage when I finished school and was looking for full time work.”– Foster
“My co-op semester introduced me to the many different opportunities and the career paths that are available in manufacturing. The fact that I was able to learn first-hand while being close to home was great. I now know I want to get my welding ticket.”– Jaggar
For more information on the Cooperative Education, visit the OYAP/Cooperative Education website.